Tips for cleaning glass and mirrors
When you have anything in your home with glass or mirror, they are more likely to get dirty and collect dust and dirt. You go through various processes and you must have tried various things to make your glass look neat and clean, but your glass never looks so much clean, neat and tidy. This is probably because of all strikes and lint’s seen on your glass. You must also have tried elbow grease for cleaning glass and mirrors but these ideas would also have gone in vain. When you are cleaning glass and mirrors, you must be cleaning it with wrong tools and hence you must not be getting the desired result. The best way if cleaning glass and mirrors or any glass furniture or glass doors, shower stall or let’s say glass window with a microfiber cloth. This is by far the best way you can use for cleaning glass and mirrors and making it sparkling bright. You can also use chamois and squeegee and avoid using paper towel for cleaning glass and mirror as it will leave behind the streaks which will be easily visible. To your surprise even the crumbled newspaper is also a great alternative for cleaning glass and mirrors instead of using paper towel. Don’t worry about the print ink or even the glass absorbing the ink as it is not going to happen. Also avoid rubbing the newspaper on the window frames. Here are some of the steps which will be helpful for cleaning glass and mirrors.
- Collect all the cleaning supplies like white vinegar, water, large bowl, spray bottle, microfiber cloth, cotton swab and soft toothbrush. All these stuff will be needed in cleaning glass and mirrors.
- If you are trying to clean glass window, lay some of the towels on the window sills. This is basically very much important when you are cleaning up your window having wooden windowsills.
- Make a proper cleaning solution by mixing up one part of white vinegar with four parts of water.
- Spray this solution on the cleaning cloth or try to just dip the cleaning tool in such solution and try to wring out the excessive fluid. If the size of the glass is very much large or if you are using newspaper for cleaning up then it would be ideal to spray the cleaning solution on the glass only.
- Rub the surface of the glass in a circular motion for getting rid of all the spots. After that wipe up the vertical strokes which should be then followed up by the horizontal swipes for masking the3 glass surface very much clean and shiny.
- For cleaning the edges and corners, you can use the soft toothbrush or cotton swabs.
- After that finish up by giving a quick buff by using newspaper or even an old cotton or old t-shirt for wiping the glass and making it spotless clean.
Keeping and maintaining a home can be a tough job. With time, your home also ages with you. That’s why you need to know the right things to take care of and keep in mind so that you can keep your home safe, protected and as good as new for a longer period of time. Do you want to steer clear of high utility bills?
Make sure you insulate your home well. Make sure that you use lamination and glazed windows. This can help you protect your home from heat or extreme cold. Make sure you keep your appliances clean, clean your gutters and damp corners should be kept fresh and as dry as possible. This keeps a house safe. You can use a de-humidifier to strengthen your home and keep things intact for a longer time. Keep these tips in mind and learn some common DIY repair works around the house to keep your home in good shape.
Limestone is very commonly used in architecture and modern construction. Irrespective of whether your flooring is done with limestone or your walls are done with limestone tiles or you own a limestone fireplace, it is extremely important maintain them. The best way to maintain your home or premises decoration where you have used limestone is the application of limestone sealers. Before you buy any kind of limestone you must understand the kind of sealer you need to apply and the look it will give to the limestone work that exists.
If you buy top coat limestone sealers like urethane or raisin based sealers, then it will give a waxed wet look to your limestone tiles. It shall last between a period of 6 months to around a year. Another kind of limestone sealer you can choose to use is absorbent sealers that soak right onto the surface on which it has been applied. These are the best choice for natural stones like limestone and marble. They are convenient to apply.
Do you want to know about the procedure of cleaning glass tiles? Well then go through this article carefully and get a bunch of fresh ideas of cleaning glass tiles. In most of the cases glass tiles look dirty because of accumulation of grout haze and it happens mostly in the time of installation of these tiles. So without getting delayed you should clean up your glass tiles at the time of installation with a piece of cheesecloth and this way you can remove grout haze from the surface of your glass tiles.
You can also wipe your glass tiles with a wet rag and thus can clean the grout haze gentle rubbing is necessary in order to wipe off the grout haze and once you are done with cleaning the tiles you should wipe its surface slowly with a dry towel. Glass tiles must be cleaned regularly with soap and water also.
Carpet cleaning is very important as carpet plays a very integral part in every room. A smooth and soft carpet will give an enriching feel when you step on the floor. Carpet cleaning is not a very gruesome task. All you need is proper tools and equipments. Firstly cleaning the carpet on the regular basis is very necessary. Dirt and dust accumulate between the linen of the carpet and if you have pets at home the carpet is likely to get dirtier. There are numerous ingredients available at home which will make the work of cleaning easier.
Vinegar is a good option which will help you a lot in removing chocolate, coffee and tea stains from the carpet. You can also use lemon to remove stains. Ammonia is a great option to remove stains and clean the carpet as it is easily available and cheap too. Dust, dirt and other substances can be removed using a mixture of ammonia and vinegar.