Tips for cleaning glass and mirrors
When you have anything in your home with glass or mirror, they are more likely to get dirty and collect dust and dirt. You go through various processes and you must have tried various things to make your glass look neat and clean, but your glass never looks so much clean, neat and tidy. This is probably because of all strikes and lint’s seen on your glass. You must also have tried elbow grease for cleaning glass and mirrors but these ideas would also have gone in vain. When you are cleaning glass and mirrors, you must be cleaning it with wrong tools and hence you must not be getting the desired result. The best way if cleaning glass and mirrors or any glass furniture or glass doors, shower stall or let’s say glass window with a microfiber cloth. This is by far the best way you can use for cleaning glass and mirrors and making it sparkling bright. You can also use chamois and squeegee and avoid using paper towel for cleaning glass and mirror as it will leave behind the streaks which will be easily visible. To your surprise even the crumbled newspaper is also a great alternative for cleaning glass and mirrors instead of using paper towel. Don’t worry about the print ink or even the glass absorbing the ink as it is not going to happen. Also avoid rubbing the newspaper on the window frames. Here are some of the steps which will be helpful for cleaning glass and mirrors.
- Collect all the cleaning supplies like white vinegar, water, large bowl, spray bottle, microfiber cloth, cotton swab and soft toothbrush. All these stuff will be needed in cleaning glass and mirrors.
- If you are trying to clean glass window, lay some of the towels on the window sills. This is basically very much important when you are cleaning up your window having wooden windowsills.
- Make a proper cleaning solution by mixing up one part of white vinegar with four parts of water.
- Spray this solution on the cleaning cloth or try to just dip the cleaning tool in such solution and try to wring out the excessive fluid. If the size of the glass is very much large or if you are using newspaper for cleaning up then it would be ideal to spray the cleaning solution on the glass only.
- Rub the surface of the glass in a circular motion for getting rid of all the spots. After that wipe up the vertical strokes which should be then followed up by the horizontal swipes for masking the3 glass surface very much clean and shiny.
- For cleaning the edges and corners, you can use the soft toothbrush or cotton swabs.
- After that finish up by giving a quick buff by using newspaper or even an old cotton or old t-shirt for wiping the glass and making it spotless clean.
Must have living room accessories
when you are thinking to decorate your entire home, you will be having a set budget. redecorating entirte home is really very much costly and when you are doing it on a tough budgetary situation, it really becomes very much difficult If you are having a budget wherein you can fit only one room and you must choose your living room as it represents your entire home. While decorating your living you must think of adding some living room accessories as it beautifies your home and make it look really beautiful. living room accessories will add different level of charm and elegance to your living. If your living room is very simple and decent then you must add bright and cheerful living room accessories which will give life to it. Living room accessories can be costly but you can afford to have them as it representing your entire house.
Yes of course coffee table is not the most important element in your living room but it is very important living room accessory. Coffee table is such living room accessories which bring all other piece of furniture together and thus it is very important. A coffee table will make your living room feel just complete. Coffee table will help you to serve various other purposes like putting magazines or those bills which are to be paid and many such things and thus it is one of the must have living room accessories.
Curtains and drapes are among such living room accessories which will give character to your living area. It is among such living room accessories which is able to add bold patterns and colors that too in a elegant and decent manner. If you are choosing a simple window dressing then it will be vanished in the background. Bold curtains and drapes are also very much important from the privacy view point.
Even if you are not having any romantic plan in the evening, still candle can be a good choice for your living room accessory. Candles are one of the best ways to make your living room look more cozy, inviting and imitating. You can also keep candles anywhere say for example on your coffee table or on the side of your table. Candles will give a very different charm to your living room.
Cushions are one of the most attractive and along with that also must have living room accessories. Cushions should always give funky look and should be bubbly and full of cheerful colours. If you are having whole of your living room too much sober and decent then putting cushions of funky and vibrant colours is the best alternative for you to spice your living area. having a comfortable sofa, there will be a great need of comfortable and decorative cushions for laying back and relaxing and also watching TV in your living area.
basement waterproofing tips
Have you ever required to water proofing your basement? Even if your basement is up to date with no cracks or mold or never flooded, still there are chances of experiencing water damage. It is better to be ready for the situation by water proofing your basement. Basically basement is constructed either entirely or partially underground. The ground water is just below the soil, this can be one of reason of water proofing your basement. A flooded basement can also be the cause of health hazard. Even after the water is removed from the basement and the areas are totally are dried, still there are chances of observing mold and mildews. For not facing any of such situations, it is advisable of water proofing your basement.
- Sealants works best while thinking of water proofing your basement. The most common entry points for water are from the cracks and cuts observed in the basement. Cracks found in the foundation of the floor are another way. But the good news is the cracks can be easily by using sealant.
- Special sealants are available that are directly used for sealing the cracks on its inner side. It is injected into them and prevents the leakage of moisture observed. Even multiyear warrantied sealant is beneficial for the home owners.
- The rain gutter installed in your roof should be mounted away from the foundation. It helps in water proofing your basement. Cleaning the gutters is important but while having the process, covering the nozzle with a guard for preventing from any leaf or debris into the foundation.
- Water proofing your basement is easily possible by avoiding the accumulation of water surrounding the foundation of the home.
- If the downspouts are not properly mounted, it can damage the foundation of the home. Downspouts are installed for discharging accumulated water from the roof to the ground. If it is not placed properly, the water will discharge and pool up around your home. The water will seep into the foundation and damage the basement.
- Installing a downspout extension is a better option. It is mounted on the exit part of it and is extended away from your home. in simple words, discharging the water five inches away from your home is worth helping you in water proofing your basement.
- Proper grading and sloping of the soil around the basement is an important step for water proofing your basement. Slopping it correctly reduces the change of collecting water and helps in protecting from water leakage in the basement.
- If you have installed any sprinkler system at your home for providing water to the plants and garden, make sure it is not being sprinkled on the house. it might not be the sole cause for leak but should not be avoided too.
- Sump pump is very much useful in water proofing your basement. Installing one will solve you flooding issue. A sump pump functions in collecting the water from the interiors and pumps outside away from the home premise.
A balcony is generally the most avoided area in your whole house. It is understood that with all the hustle and bustle of your routine life and plenty of other forms of entertainment available for distraction that will have time to invest or take care of a place in your home which anyone hardly uses. But if you think out of the box, then your balcony can be one of the most exciting places in your whole house. You just need to make some efforts to decorate your small balcony. Decorating your small balcony is not that difficult as you think. Once you start with decorating your small balcony, you will eventually start liking it and you can even fall in love with your small balcony. If you don’t have any outdoor soul or you don’t even have an open lawn view or rooftop then decorating your small balcony is only the piece of outdoor space availed in your home. You can easily decorate your small balcony and make that space beautiful with right ideas and tips. Here are some of the amazing ideas to decorate your small balcony.
Adding what you love is by far the best way of decorating your small balcony, making a fun task. For example if you like to be in company of nature then, you can add flowering plants while decorating your small balcony. If you are a painter then you can paint your small balcony and add your personal touch to it. If you like lighting then you can also consider adding lights while decorating your small balcony.
You need to be careful while decorating your small balcony. As it is a small space, overdoing it can look really ugly. Hence try and keep it more simple and elegant. While decorating your small balcony, you must keep in mind how to maximize your overall space. Don’t fill up your balcony with heavy potteries and gigantic furniture as it will block up your space. The best way to decorate your small balcony is to have a single chair and a matching table. You can easily get various ideas and options for this furniture in any of the local store nearby. Choose the size and color with care as you are decorating your small balcony where these things matters a lot.
This is one my favorite tip for decorating your small balcony. A swing is a great idea if you have kids as they will entertain them a lot. But this idea is not limited if you have kids. You can also have a nice time in your balcony with a cute swing. Just imagine yourself sitting on a swing in your balcony on a rainy day with a book in your hand and coffee. Yes of course it is really a great experience. You can also add colorful cushions with vibrant colors and also add vintage and classy look to your balcony while decorating your balcony.
Getting your bathroom walls to be waterproofed is considered to be important process which the home owners are required to be complied with. Well, if you are not going with this process than there might be possibility that you exterior surface of your home can get be affect from the accumulated moss or algae which can create a bad impact on your home. There is nothing to worry about; there are many different ways and wall options which can help you in the matters of going for waterproofing bathroom wall at your home. You can go for shopping around with some of the options of waterproofing bathroom walls at your home which can help you in going for repairing and protecting your bathroom from getting damaged.
This article will help you in providing for different methods of options which you can go for while getting in to account for the process of waterproofing bathroom walls for your home. there are many options which you can go for while waterproofing bathroom wall for your home like using the paint for your walls, plastic single sheet, going for tile walls in your bathroom, etc. and many more of the options that are considered to be important which the home owners can go for while complying with the process of waterproofing bathroom wall for your home. The further information is considered to be important for the home owners while going for the procedure.
Waterproof bathroom wall options for your home
- The most common type of option which you can go for at the time of waterproofing bathroom wall for your home is tile walls. Yes, most of the bathroom are considered to be having such type of wall waterproofing option to be installed in their home which can help them on not letting the water get out of the bathroom and helps in resolving and getting perfect exteriors of your home. Not only that, there are many options and colors of the tiles which you can go for, that can help you in making your bathroom look more good and charming after installing the tiles in your bathroom.
- Laminated wall is considered to be another option which can help you in the matters of going for waterproofing bathroom wall for your home. It is being purchased in the form of the single plastic sheet which is than fixed up in the bathroom so that the water does not damage the exteriors of your home. well, for the easy and great thing which you can get at the time of getting laminated sheet to be installed in your bathroom is, it is light in weight, easily installed and can last for more of the years too.
- As there are many options which you can go for at the time of making waterproof bathroom walls for your home, paint is considered to be one of the right option to go with. But there are certain things which you need to keep in mind like selecting right type of paint, the quantity and the quality which can help you in this matters, etc.
We all have carpets being placed and installed in our home right? But when it comes for cleaning your carpet at your home than we feel like there are many things which are being attracted by the carpet like the hairs, dog hairs, stains, oil stains, etc. and many more of the things which is considered to be mandate process which the home owners are needed to comply with at the time of thinking of cleaning your carpet at your home. We wish you all the best for the further cleaning process which you are going to take in to account at your home but I know you might be thinking that are there any simple ways which can help you in the matters of cleaning your carpet at your home? Let me tell you that you can easily comply with the process.
This article will help you in providing adequate amount of information about the tips of cleaning your carpet at your home which you can go in your home. there are many tips which can help you in the matters of cleaning your carpet at your home like you can make the use of linty roller rocks for removing of hairs, use of backing soda for removing the oil stains, etc. and many more of the things which can be helpful to you in the matters of cleaning your carpet at your home.
Tips of cleaning your carpet at your home
- Well, if you will ask me than there are many different tips of cleaning your carpet at your home which you can go for like the first one which can help you in the matters of removing hairs and curd from your carpet is the use of lint roller rocks which you can easily avail from the market. I know you might be thinking that it is better to use up the vacuum cleaner right? But there are certain things which do not get attracted or removed by even vacuum cleaner. You must understand that vacuum does not clean up the whole of the carpet and for this you would need up the help of it which can help you in removing up of the hairs and curd which are present in your carpet.
- Another tip which can help you in the matters of cleaning your carpet at your home is the use of baking soda for removing the oil stains, yes, oil stains are considered to be difficult to remove up right? So for this you can apply backing soda on the oil stain in your carpet and get it removed easily from that.
- The nail polish stain which has been present on your carpet is considered to be another thing which you must go for at the time of cleaning your carpet at your home. You can make the use of alcohol but applying alcohol can be considered to be dangerous because it can bleach up your carpet dye. In fact you can go for using the nail remover which will help you in getting relieved from the stain of nail paint which is being observed on your carpet.
Having proper ventilation in house is a very important thing. Ventilating your home is must especially for comfort and health of your family. Ventilating your home is also very important to get rid of moisture, cooking odors, indoor pollutants and smoke. Ventilating your home also controls the level of heat in the attic. Ventilating your home also helps in moderating dampness in the basement and crawlspace. Not only has this, ventilating your home also kept moisture away if your walls are not insulated. Here are some tips for ventilating your home.
While ventilating your home, first of all you must figure out those areas in your home which are source of moisture. Usually bathrooms, laundry rooms and kitchen are such areas which accumulate the most amount of moisture. For ventilating your home in an appropriate manner, you must have three key exhaust units in your home. You can use exhaust fan for ventilating the key areas of moisture in your home, one exhaust fan should be installed in kitchen, one in bathroom and one in laundry room. Many of the kitchens have range hood for ventilation but it actually don’t work as a ventilation device, it just does the work of filtering and recycling the stove top air. Ventilating your home don’t only deals with interior ventilation, if your kitchen contains steamy and smoky air and the walls are filled with grease then it will need exterior vents for appropriate ventilation. Once ventilating your home and then, leaving it without looking back for years is not right thing to do. Sometimes there is airborne grease in the home and this makes exhaust fans sticky. Sticky exhaust fans usually attract dust and dirt. Thus it is very important to check the fan once in a while and clean the fan blades and grill at least twice in a year.
It’s very essential to keep moisture and heat away that it doesn’t rot or roast your home. Some key areas after kitchen and bathroom is basement and attic space. These areas capture moisture very quickly. When you want to ventilate attic space, you need to create upward flow of air. Where as in case of basement, cross ventilation is the solution to stay away from moisture issues. You must have enough vents in these areas. Having enough vents is not sufficient you must also have a check as to these vents are not blocked due to crud, insufficient ventilation or dead squirrels.
You must check that your attic is not too hot in the summer, if it is so then there is a need of installing extra vents at the ridge of the roof and at the eaves. You can call a professional for inspection and installation. After installation also it’s important to have a check, if there are any badly damaged vents then it must be replaced. If possible paint your vents and that too in light colors so that it reflects the heat.
Wood siding is not an new concept. Many people uses wooden siding but they are not aware about the maintenance tips about wooden siding. Usage of home siding has reduced upto a great extent after the invention of aluminum and vinyl siding for your home. The benefit included in using wood siding is its natural beautiful look. It enhances the beauty of your house. Its insulation factor is also one of the imporatnt factor for using wood siding. Its ecofriendly and advantageous to the environment. Along with benefits, it also carries drawbacks. Wood is biodegradable, means if you lack in its maintenance then it results in loosing our woods. Thus if you dont want to loose your wood follow the below mentioned wood maintenance siding tips.
1) Cut or trim back the bushes or trees from touching the wood siding
If the wood siding stays in constant touch with the wet leaves or branches, then there is possibility of your home siding getting rot. and this is not good for your wood siding Thus thing you need to do is trim away the bushes and trees. you can cut them off to remove the contact of it with your siding. By doing so your wood siding will last for long time without rotting.
2) Clean up your gutter on a regular base
Your siding can be damaged, if water and ice damp up on the roof. so you should clean your gutters on a regular base. You should try to clean your gutter atleast twice a year. Once you should clean when all the leaves have fallen and before starting of the winter. And once you should clean up in the spring.
3) Clean off dirt and mildew from the siding
Siding also gets damaged with the collected mildew. cleaning off the dirt just by applying the brush with the soapy water on the wood is enough. if the siding is more dirty, then it is advisable to use a powder washer but take care that it should be used on low settings so that the wood dont tend to damage. For cleaning off the mildew, you can use a mixture of 3 parts of water and 1 part of bleach or you can also say white vinegar. It will be a good option to remove the mildew spots. If the cleaning area also has plants arounnd, then cover up the plants so as to protect the plants from the damage that tend to occur due to the cleaning solution.
4) Re-caulk around doors and windows as needed to keep water out
If you find any space between siding and structural elements, then it is an invitation to the water to get in. So during the process of cleaning check areas around the doors and windows and pack up the spaces or any of the visible gaps with a quality caulk materials.
5) Replace the damaged siding instantly
Heavy damage is caused due to cold winters and extreme rains. Siding are trapped into moisture. This damaged siding makes the entry of animals and pests become easy. There should be instant replacement in siding, if you see any of the cracks, breaks or rotten parts. This work is best performed by any of the proffesional as removing the damaged portion itself may cause to damage the undamaged portion to get damaged. Thus it is advisable to make the work done by a professional.
Installing a proper roof in your home is very important job which the home owners should consider at the time of installing the roof in their home. For the help of the home owners, roofing contractors are hired who comply with the work of proper and maintained roof in your home which will not increase more of the cost factor for the home owners. If the roof is installed properly, it will in return protect the house and its interiors from getting damaged and will also affect the cost factor of the home owners. There are certain questions which must be asked by the home owners to the roofing contractors before hiring which gives the home owners a perfect idea of installing the roof in their home.
- Hiring a roofing contractor for your home is not just a fun game but it is the actual responsibility of the home owners because roofing contractor will help the home owners to determine the exact cost and the materials which are to be needed in the installation of roof. The proper address and the name of the company of the roofing contractor must be verified first by the home owners for the legality and the professionalism of the contractor.
- Insurance in the field of roofing is very important and mandate thing which the roofing contractor must comply with at the time when start up his business of roofing contractor. There are many workers which work under the guidance of the roofing contractor and their safety is the mandated status by the roofing contractor. The workmen compensation must be taken by the roofing contractor for his workers who are to be working on the roof to install in the home.
- Some of the roofing contractors also hire and opt for the sub roofing contractor who helps the roofing contractor in his work. The home owners should question the roofing contractors about the sub roofing contractors that are hired. Even the home owners can question the sub roofers to confirm with the legality of the contract. And also ask for the insurance of the workers which are working with the sub roofing contractor.
- License is the mandate thing which the roofing contractor should comply with and carry because without license the roofing contractor cannot work and submit the installation of the roof. License is considered to be the legality of the roofing contractor for complying with the work of roofing in the homes of the home owners. To verify the license of the roofing contractor is the first work which should be done by the home owners before hiring the roofing contractor.
- The home owners should check for the past records of the roofing contractor which is going to be hired by the home owners because all the past experience and the records of the contractor shows his or her work towards his profession. This will give a clear idea to the home owners about is the roofing contractor liable to be hired for the roofing installation in home.
Your bedroom is the first thing you will think about after a long day of gruelling work. Your bedroom is your sanctuary, your safe haven. What could be better than transforming your bedroom into a peaceful and relaxing spa bedroom? That is one of the best ways to relax after long and exhausting days. In a perfect world, your bedroom would be a retreat from the stress and nitty gritty of everyday living.
There are certain things you need to think about while designing your spa bedroom to make it the ultimate place for relaxation.
You must have noticed the soothing palette of colours used by spas. When designing your own bedroom spa, try choosing nice and soothing colours as well. Try to stick to colours like sky blue, buttery yellow or mint green. Earth tones would make the best choice for your bedroom spa.
• Soft Lighting
You should try to avoid using bright or harsh lighting. You should have adequate light to do your work like reading, using the laptop, writing, etc. You could always keep table lights by your bedside. One of the best things you could do is attach a dimmer to your overhead lights.
• Good Quality Fabrics
To increase the level of comfort in your room, go for luxurious fabrics that make you feel like you’re actually in a spa. Get sheets that have at least a 300 thread count. Embroidered bedspreads will add to the effect. Hang sheers on your windows so it allows natural light in. It’ll make your room seem airy and bright
• Other elements
Besides the visual elements, you should also focus on engaging the other senses of your body. You can use scented candles like that of lavender or sandalwood. You can also play soft, slow and soothing music.
A spa bedroom with these elements can provide utmost comfort and relaxation.